I was tagged by Michael over at Slowly Tri-ing with a Stylish Blogger award. You need to check out Michael's blog, it is one of my favorites. Thanks Michael!
I like reading these posts on other blogs so now you get to learn a little more about me. Here are the rules:
1. Make this a post and link back to the person who gave the award to you
2. Share 7 things about yourself
3. Award 5 great bloggers
4. Contact the bloggers and tell them they've won
Here it goes:
1. I have worn my seatbelt long before it became a law to wear one. My mom took my two brothers and me on a vacation to Washington DC to visit an old high school friend of hers during the summer of 1983. It was a spectacular road trip that I will never forget. One of the requirements though was that we wear our seatbelts the entire time the car was in motion. I have obeyed ever since.
2. I have worn the same pair of shoes to work everyday for the last 9 years. I stand for over 9+ hours a day so I learned very quickly that comfortable shoes are important. I have had them resoled twice. (Hey, they cost a lot of money and it is cheaper to resole them.)
3. I eat fast. I mean like Jimmy Johns freaky fast. I am typically the first one done with my meal, and I
4. I want to open a bakery. I even have a name for it. I LOVE baking. Cookies, cakes, pies, pastries you name it I like to bake it. It's like a mini science experiment. I find it a very calming stress reliever. Maybe someday you all can visit my bakery -- if I ever open it.
5. I hate the taste of fresh tomatoes. I do, however, love pizza sauce, spaghetti sauce, and ketchup. I really want to like fresh tomatoes but I just don't. My husband and I honeymooned in Italy and we ate at a very quaint ristorante in northern Italy. The first course was fresh mozzarella balls with tomatoes. I tried to eat a tomato and gagged. I forced my husband to eat some of mine (after he ate all of his) so that the chef wouldn't feel bad.
6. One of my best friends is my former high school physics teacher. She turned 70 years old last year. When I was in high school I would help her do summer projects around her house. I learned so much from her and I credit her for being where I am today.
7. I am ashamed to admit this one. I can't swim. My mom forced my brothers and me to take swim lessons when we were little. I failed the Tad Pole class Twice. I didn't want to attempt the third time. I would like to learn how to swim, but I am too embarrassed to take swim lessons as an adult. :o(
I am supposed to tag 5 bloggers for this award. I know this has been around the block a few times so I won't tag anyone.
Instead, leave a comment of something great that happened to you this week.